The Young Ladies Bible Study will be meeting on the last Monday of every month from 7-8:30 p.m. for girls 3rd through 8th grade at Amy’s apartment.
We will be studying practical issues that girls face and how the Bible says they should conduct themselves in the home, school, and church. We will also study about the Bible: how it’s composed, what each book is about etc… We will also have a time of worship through songs. The only thing we ask is the girls bring their Bibles, a journal, and a pen!
Please contact Amy or Trish for more details.
Here is the lastest update we have from Steve Scheider (see previous ones here):
The Schneider Family
“…Steve’s schedule, from August until December, has become more involved, primarily in preaching and training the leaders in our church. At the seminary, he taught courses in Expository Preaching and Church History. The students continue to grow in their ability to study the text and preach it expositionally. Steve is further encouraged when they share with him how they are applying what they have learned in their ministries….”
Download the entire newsletter:
Please note that starting today [Oct. 19, 2011] Women’s Study will now be on Wednesday nights instead of Tuesday nights AND child care will be provided.
More info on Women’s Study.
The women’s study starts back up again tonight and will be going through the book “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. It’s a small group curriculum (below is a pic).
The books are currently available at our book table.
Start date: Tuesday Oct. 4th, 2011.
The study will start promptly at 7pm and end at 9pm.
Location: at Grace Church (our usual meeting spot).
What to bring with you to the study:
1. Your Bible
2. A copy of Respectable Sins
3. And a notebook for notes (if you don’t want to write in your book)
Please note that R.W. Glenn has been replaced with Tim Challies.
Get discernment! Wolves are leaping over the fence and some sheep seem to be oblivious to their wiles.
The Psalm 119 Conference is designed to sharpen your discernment skills and help you separate the true from the false.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Who, what and how to judge
- Knowing the 5 major heresies
- How to systematize your theology
- Identifying the modern day assaults on the Gospel
- The church’s role regarding heresy
The Psalm 119 Conference is not for head knowledge only but will help apply what you learn to all of life.
We can’t wait to see you October 7th-8th!
studied to be a pastor for four years but neglected to actually get saved. He abandoned church ministry plans and did secular TV, radio and stand-up comedy for 6 years. Gratefully, God saved Todd (from hell and stand-up comedy). Since then, Todd has combined his pastoral training and media skills to host Wretched Radio and TV. Todd has one wife, three children and a dog.
is Executive Director of Grace to You. He teaches regularly as a lay pastor at Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA. He has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981 and edits most of Dr. MacArthur’s major books. Phil is a trustee of the UK-based Martyn Lloyd-Jones Recordings Trust, a member of FIRE, husband to Darlene, and father of three sons (all now adults with their own households, and all still active members of Grace Community Church).
is a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, having attended the California State University at Hayward where he received a B. A. in Music Performance. His M. Div. was earned from The American Baptist Seminary of the West in Berkeley, California, and his D. Min. from Westminster Seminary in Escondido, California. Art is the author of Spirit Empowered Preaching (Christian Focus Publications) and a contributing author in two additional volumes: The Compromised Church (Crossway) and Reforming Pastoral Ministry (Crossway).
is a follower of Jesus Christ, a husband to Aileen and a father to three young children. He has authored “The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment” and “Sexual Detox” along with his newest book, “The Next Story”. He blogs every day at www.challies.com
. And last but not least, he worships and serves at Grace Fellowship Church as an elder and edits Discerning Reader.
is a founding elder and preaching pastor for Sovereign Joy Community Church in Keller Texas. He is devoted to the exegetical, expository, verse by verse preaching of the Word of God. He and his wife, Trisha, live in Dallas/Fort Worth Texas. He preached “Discernment in the Local Church” at the last Psalm 119 Discernment Conference
If you weren’t able to make it, you can listen or download Pastor Emilio‘s message “Discernment in the Local Church” from 1 Timothy 3:14-16:
We can’t wait to see you October 7th-8th!
When Pastor Emilio last led the Lord’s Supper, he reminded us of our church’s Covenant of Fellowship and encouraged us to go over it from time to time for the sake of the life of Sovereign Joy Community Church. You can listen to the 6 minute audio clop below:
The below statement is taken from our Covenant of Fellowship for our church members:
By the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, I covenant to:
- Endeavor to be an example of Christ in my speech, conduct, love, faith, and purity of my life and to forsake the ways of sin.
- Exercise a mutual care of other members in the Body of Christ.
- Be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the Scriptures, to seek it without delay.
- Strive with others for both the peace and purity of this assembly as part of Christ’s Body.
- Attend faithfully the stated services of the church.
- Cherish the Word of God and the ordinances of the Church.
- Contribute as a faithful steward, such time, talent and money, in the measure that Christ prospers me; that the responsibility of the local church and the world-wide ministry of spreading the Gospel be faithfully discharged.
- Teach my children the Word of God.
- Seek the salvation of my family and acquaintances, and to walk circumspectly in the world so that I can be a faithful witness for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Encourage one another in the blessed hope of our Lord’s soon return and to engage in regular Bible reading and prayer so that I may be ready to meet Him.
View the entire Covenant of Fellowship in PDF format.