Our desire is to be balanced in all that we do. Our worship on Sunday’s consists of about 80-90 minutes (aside from Sunday Seminary/School time). After our Sunday Seminary/School from 2:00-2:50pm, children four and under are signed into our optional children’s ministry rooms starting at 2:50pm. At 3:oopm our time of welcome/announcements begins followed by a time of congregational worship. The style and form of our worship is blended. Immediately after worshiping through song we enter into a time of worship through preaching (we also offer Spanish translation during the sermon time.) The last Sunday of every month we take the Lord’s Supper together.
Here is our order of worship service (liturgy):
- Prayer for God to bless our worship of Him (announcements are done before this)
- Call to worship (from the Scriptures)
- Worship through singing (typically including one Psalm)
- Offering (beginning with hearing from God’s Word on offering, giving, stewardship, etc. Followed by passing the plate as we sing a song that speaks of God’s provision (general and/or special grace)
- One more song of worship
- Pastoral prayer for God to bless His Word read and preached
- Reading of the Word of God
- Lord’s Supper (last Sunday of every month)
- Closing pastoral prayer
- Sing one more song in response to God’s Word
- Baptism (when needed)
We do not see the end of the service as the time to leave the premises but rather a great opportunity to fellowship and enjoy being with God’s people and reflect on the message. Scripture has much to say about “one another” dynamics in the body of Christ. We see the post-service time as an excellent time to get plugged in and meet the people of SJCC.
Sovereign Joy Kids
We strongly encourage members and visitors to attend adult Sunday Seminary. During this time our children have Sunday School time where they worship together (all ages), then split up into age appropriate classes where they are taught Scripture memorization, hymns, and catechism Q&A. In addition to our Sunday School time, we have optional children’s ministry for children ages four and under on Sundays. We also have a room for nursing mom’s and children in training where the sermon can be heard. Our desire is to see the youngest ages worship with us. It is truly amazing to see our kids grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (2 Pet. 3.18).